Sunday, March 16, 2014

the internet lies

i wish it wouldn't but it lies... people post lies about other people on the internet... i do my best to ignore anything that is a flat out lie about me, but i hate limiting my web experience by avoiding websites where lies are posted... especially when those lies include my full legal name... people really are so unaware, insensitive, and disrespectful it is amazing they don't kill each other... wait, they do... a lot...

today i noticed that a recap of games are posted on my sunday team's facebook page... reading the recaps objectively, it would seem we have a really good team and the biggest weakness is the pitcher... that would be me... all ego aside, i am one of the best pitchers in the league and they know it... but the stats they post do not include errors, so reading that i gave up 20 hits when i gave up three hits and the team behind me made 17 errors sets me quite apart from that team and puts their errors on me... that sucks mostly because i love statistics and these statistics lie... it sucks because i will not refer anyone to that team page because an objective read of what is posted there would say wow, pretty good team, if only you had a decent pitcher...

that's not team... that's not fair... that is one more internet lie...

No comments:

Post a Comment