Tuesday, November 3, 2015

power trippers

had a cop with a major inferiority complex stop me today... he was barely as tall as my car and had an obvious chip on his shoulder... after asking for my license registration and insurance from my back window, the guy would not come to the window... he stood at my back door and had his hand on his gun the whole time speaking with all sorts of attitude... i turned to look at him so i could hear him and he unbuckled his gun and yelled face forward... i explained i can't hear him because i have diminished hearing in my left ear and he said "are you not cooperating?"... i sat back and remained silent... all this was in the middle lane of a three lane road and since he was standing next to my car, he was blocking the left lane too at morning rush hour... dozens of cars were backed up and i finally said officer please call for another officer because i feel unsafe and i will call 911 if you continue to stand in a threatening stance... he snatched my paperwork out of my hand, dropping it on the ground and as if i had done something threatening, he drew his gun and almost fell down as he bent to pick up my license... i pushed dial on my steering wheel and said 911 and he ran back to his car... i almost reported "officer down" but did not want to spend the day in the middle of a stupid investigation as i was on my way to work...

when he came back he still wouldn't come to the window and said i didn't stop at a stop sign until i was in the intersection... he lied because i stopped before the stop sign, before he could see me because he was hiding behind a building were he could not see the stop sign... and even though he stated himself that i stopped, he wrote me a ticket for "running a stop sign"... not enough, he wrote me another ticket for "not displaying my registration" because i could not find my paper registration yet the license plate displayed my registration sticker which is more than enough for any cop who was not looking to provoke a confrontation... he handed me the two tickets without the usual explanation and i asked for his badge number... he walked away and almost hit my car as he sped away into traffic and dozens of cars behind him started hinking and several almost hit each other trying to get going faster than anybody else... when i pay the tickets i will be including a letter to the court detailing the interaction, the threatening posture, the unsafe traffic situation, the contradictory reasons for giving two tickets, and filing a formal complaint against the cop... i doubt anything will come of it, but it'll satisfy my sense of justice and maybe his supervisor will keep the guy from killing someone one day...

some people simply should not be cops...

No comments:

Post a Comment