Thursday, March 11, 2010

ATT: too big for it's britches

there are so many different departments, in fact, different companies all under the ATT umbrella all offering different services that the management has lost control and costumer service has fallen apart at ATT...

over the years i've had accounts swallowed up and terminated by ATT and ATT/Yahoo simply because they were duplicate accounts or because ATT could not integrate my accounts properly... I no longer use Yahoo for any services due to their mishandling my accounts creating a situation that sends hundreds of messages a day to my ATT accounts and no one at ATT or Yahoo are able to stop it because the emails are coming from groups I created at a service called FindMail in the 90s... FindMail was bought out by eGroups which was bought out by Yahoo which merged with ATT somehow and when they merged, i lost access to all my Yahoo accounts, including all the email groups that are sending emails... I used to play fantasy sports at Yahoo as well and no longer do for the same reason, I cannot access my account and so i've ignored a half dozen fantasy sport requests from friends this spring...

but the SPAM Yahoo sends through my ATT email is the least of my issues as I simply auto-delete it all... the people in the groups probably long since have written me off as a flake group owner who does not respond to their concerns or complaints... my primary concern is that ATT suspended my web pages so i can not access pages i've had on the web for more than 10 years... trusted for safe-keeping as personal web pages to ATT... do not trust any web service that encourages you to store anything on their services, keep your stuff on your computer and back up drives...

they said i had until march 31 to save my pages, but tonight i find them suspended... and of course support is not available this late...

the last time i called support, just four days ago (when my web pages were still working), it took them eight hours and dozens of transfers to get me to the right department to give me the new POP3 and SMTP addresses... eight hours of jumping through phone hoops for a two minute fix...

that was because nobody knew who was doing what in the various companies that is now all under the ATT umbrella and accessed through a nightmarish automated phone tree that has no clue where to route customers calling in... ATT has simply gotten too big to manage good customer service... so typical of corporate USA and why the country is going down the tubes fast... just check and you'll find statistics like 17 countries have better high school graduation results than the USA...

anyway, though i've explained my issues to dozens of ATT CSRs and a few ATT managers, this is the epitome of meaningless complaint as they are too disconnected, disorganized, and way too big to ever hear it...

No comments:

Post a Comment