Monday, May 12, 2014

freeservers, not so free

ok, so the story of the human race is greed and so many companies have set up their business to trick people into paying more than they have to that i wonder if there is an honest human being... $105 later, i now own my domain for another year... during this year i will shop for cheaper domain registrars and a cheaper web host for my site because there are many out there and i believe i found one that will charge less and give me my domain for free... since the best deal i can get from my current registrar is $22 a year if i pay for ten years up front vs. $16 a month for 300GB of storage and unlimited bandwidth with the domain name free... i currently pay about $8 a month for 1 GB of storage and $3 a month for the domain so it would just be about $5 a month more for 300GB and unlimited bandwidth and the domain so i will call that company to verify that is the actual cost, but that is what the fine print below the $2.99 come on offer says...

but my complaint is that the host i currently pay had the wrong link on the domain and the wrong year on the expiration date which cost me $70 in redemption fees and that just sucks...

enough reason to change hosts right there...

grumble...

No comments:

Post a Comment